Connecting the Counties
The fourth annual Office Giveaway is here. We love what is happening in Northwest PA and this year we are growing the exciting entrepreneurial/business culture of Renaissance Centre by expanding the contest regionally.
This year we are “Connecting the Counties” in Northwest Pennsylvania – Erie and Crawford – by giving away free office space at:
- Renaissance Centre - 1001 State Street, Erie, PA
- Parkside Commons - 847 North Main St., Meadville, PA
Both Renaissance Centre and Parkside Commons are centrally located in the downtown areas of the city and offer great amenities: custom spaces, affordable rates (utilities included), parking and close to shopping and restaurants.
This contest is a great opportunity for businesses and professionals, giving them the chance to succeed by having free office space for an entire year.
Contestants are eligible to win up to 1,500 square feet of free office space for one year. Free space will be given away in BOTH locations.
All businesses are eligible: new businesses, existing businesses, a business that wants to expand and have multiple locations, the possibilities are endless.
Simply complete the online entry form below. You will then be contacted to take a tour of the location in which you are interested. All entrants must complete the tour to be eligible to win.
For more information call 814-464-7236.
- All entrants must complete the online entry form including why he/she (and business partners if applicable) will benefit from office space in Renaissance Centre or Parkside Commons.
- Contest is open to New and Existing Tenants of Renaissance Centre and Parkside Commons.
- All entrants must tour the building they are interested in. Call 814-464-7236 to arrange a tour (after submitting the entry form).
- The free office space may not exceed 1,500 square feet. If interested in a larger space, costs may apply.
- Existing tenants – free space not to exceed term of current lease. Space must be in addition to current office space.
- Office space includes utilities as described in the lease*.
- Winners must sign a one year lease at $0 rent and $0 security deposit.
- Winners of office space must provide Certificate of Liability Insurance.
- A panel of judges, unrelated to Renaissance Centre or Parkside Commons, will choose the winners.
- Deadline for entries is Wednesday, November 8, 2017, at 11:59 PM.
- Winners will be announced Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 11 a.m. at Parkside Commons and 5:15 p.m. at Renaissance Centre.
*See a copy of a current lease.
Watch a video about the contest!
Renaissance Centre is committed to Erie and Northwest Pennsylvania. We support businesses in the area and want to provide additional resources to assist them in succeeding. We encourage business owners to connect with the following resources to help with their business venture.
- Enter the Starting Line Contest
- Apply for Ben Franklin funding
- Schedule a Ben Franklin “Office Hours” where entrepreneurs can meet one-on-one with the Ben Franklin team at Radius CoWork
The 2016 Office Space Giveaway focused on women-owned businesses. Two women were awarded free office space for a year: Lucia Conti and Tammy Lyn Fox. Lucia and her husband Greg Windle own ErieMultimedia, a full service advertising agency. Tammy Lyn Fox is the owner of Taste of Zion Catering and is in process of opening a kitchen on the lower level of Renaissance Centre.
In 2015 the Office Space Giveaway focused on Veteran Owned Businesses. The winner of the contest was Boots On Ground, a non-profit agency who works with Veterans and their families suffering from PTSD. weCreate Website Design and Marketing was awarded second place and received discounted rent.
The first ever Renaissance Centre Office Space Giveaway kicked off on December 5, 2014. Radius CoWork received first place honors and the free office space for a year. The Erie Reader/Flagship Media, who was already located in Renaissance Centre, received second place which provided them with the opportunity to expand their office space.
Each year the winners are determined by a panel of judges unrelated to Renaissance Centre.